But instead, I chose the life I lead and now deal with the consequences.
I was written up today for missing to much work due to sick days taken for myself and my daughter.
I'm on zero tolerance probation for the next 90 days and will be terminated if I miss one more shift.
As I type this, I have tucked my fever wracked daughter up in bed with a cold compress and a throat swollen to the point she sounds like she has marbles lodged in the back with a fever of 38.8
I have her grandmother picking her up at 6:00 AM tomorrow because I can't take her to the clinic myself, nor can I stay home with her.
I hate my job circumstances- but not the actual job itself.
I am being paid half of what the original job holder was paid, doing twice the work more efficiently.
And all I think is "I just want to be with my daughter" all day long.
1 comment:
I can't tell you it's going to get easier, cause it probably won't. But what I can tell you is that it is not too late to have a career. Get to the Alberta canada service centre and work your single mum status ASAP. You may not be able to pay down your debt but you will be able to when you find something you could do. Pick a program and see what they offer via student funding. You'd be surprised where you'll be in 2 years if you start right now!!!
Here for support call whenever you need to.
love you lots!!!
Post a Comment