Friday, January 8, 2010

Happy Friday

Every Friday morning, I wake Ivy up with "HAPPY FRIDAY!"
She gets all happy knowing that we are at the end of the week, it's show and share day, daddy is home this morning and we get to have fun food for dinner.
I don't know when we started doing it, it sorta just crept up on us and now it's our thing.
Tonight we had home made pizza and played Trouble. Dino picked Ivy up after school and took her for a visit with Tanya and her two girls
We had some family fun time and now Ivy is watching Aladin and the 40 Thieves.
Pretty normal night, I may have a glass or two of red wine.
I never knew, so long ago, that this was the shape my life would take.
Not so long ago I was so full of upset and anger , it drove me.
So sad and stressed out, but not any more.
I wake up each day in a strange state of calm.
Comforted by arms around me, the smell of my house, the sounds of the cats playing. Listening to Ivy make her morning bee line to the bathroom.
I never thought that being right here, in this moment would be this ....well....easy.
Before this, I would always walk on egg shells waiting for the calm before the storm to break. But not any more.
I comforted by all the normal.
Who knew.


2 comments:

Ursula said...

normal you say? normal? really who has any sense of normalcy in this day and age, hogwash I tell you, pure hogwash!!!

subutterfly73 said...

well.....more less stress than normal.....how about calmer