Sunday, March 27, 2011

A different kind of pretty

Karen said it best this week when she exclaimed that although snow is pretty to look at, 4 months of it is quite enough thank you.
Blame it on climate change, blame it on what ever this has been a long winter.
With that come a child pent up because tearing around outside in this is only good for short amounts of time.
On the home fron - we have had a car issues- mainly me sliding into a lexus and scrapping up my car.
boo.
And on to this a dental bill for Ivy who's teeth have seen better days and this added up to a very expensive month.
Not being able to travel this year is making me growlie but, I need to dial it back as I do not make enough money for a lifestyle I wanted.
I am fine with it, it took some getting used to but I think with help from Dean I have rounded that corner and will be ok.
Work- what can I say. I'm still as the hotel with many resumes out with no call backs what so ever. It is disappointing but with my total lack of schooling and a glut of office administration people looking for work it has been tough going. I realized two weeks ago that as long as I stay at the hotel there will be no furthering of a career with this hotel as they again put two more people into sales and catering and again it wasn't me ( one a new hire of 6 weeks)
I could get mad or I could remember that I already knew this and I need a better job else where. Time will tell, but for now I grin and bare it.
I am very content right now, Dean and I are doing great and our family is pulling together.
Fisher has taken an active roll in Ivys life and so far no set backs.
School right now is an uphill battle- we are gaining ground, but developmentally she is 4 and pushing her is only going to result in frustration for all parties involved. With the genetic stew Ivy has, both Fisher and I developed very slowly. Fisher had the mental delay as well as physical, as Mine was only physical. so the poor kid looks younger and acts much younger than she is. Her teacher and I have been working with her and the progress is slow going, but it's going. I have to petition the school to hold her back- which is the best choice. Barring that we will be switching schools and going to Nelly McClung for the fall. It is no where near our district but it has programs designed for Ivys needs.
Date night/family night has taken wing and was a great success this weekend.
What can I say- what we lack for in income we sure make up for in love.

No comments: