In the end compromises were made, by me.
Having a very mad and upset boyfriend, or pissing off a close friend.
I would say that I chose the lesser of two evils, but.....
heres the thing.
I feel like shit, because I said one thing and turned around and did another.
In a perfect situation, Dean and I would have tag teamed Ivy and all would have been good.
But the reality is, Ivy lives and functions by her schedule.
I would be the one getting up with her when the sun comes up, crack of dawn.
I would be the one taking care of her all day and back to camp for 8pm.
Dean, was honest in his concerns and pointed out exacty what we know about Ivy when she's over tired over stimulated and in new situations.
I did not relish the idea of having to set up camp without Dean, as he will be with a different set of friends who chose not to bring their children because he wants a break from parenting for a few days.
Ivy's Grandmother Carol is going to take her while we are out.
WE are driving her up to Edmonton and picking her up after.
I wish I could say that I really would have liked it to turn out differently, but we have a few more kinks in our family dynamic to work out before we are there like the rest of you.
I am relieved to know that I will be able to do what ever I like for a few days.
That maybe selfish of me but I can deal with it.
I know she will see a tonne of her cousins and get spoiled rotten up there.
I will work through this and hope my friends will understand.
sorry all.
No comments:
Post a Comment