Yesterday, Sarah who has given her notice to be done at out hotel as of the 9th comes waltzing in and lets the manager know that she is quitting on the 31st. So sorry.
Mean while, the manager has hired back a previous employee who was fired for being a sketch case, but low and behold she is letting said re hired employee take her vacation until the 6th.
Cue my friend who is being flown home from the 31st till the 5th to vancouver (I actually am not pissed about this because I helped her mom organize this as a supprize)
and add to that my manager who is leaving on vacation from the 31st until the 17th to Nova Scotia.
This leaves myself, Kim the reservation agent, Anita the Pm girl, Chelsea the part PM night audit girl, wayne the night auditor and Dave the security guy and 1 new hire Hayley.
now, we have 7 night audit shifts to cover, 7 security shifts to cover, 14 Pm shifts and 21 am shifts a week with the minimum amount of employees on.
between myself, kim, Anita, Chelsea and the new girl (who can not be on as a full staff member until fully trained so she is only on am for the first month) we have to cover all the Am & Pm shifts from the 31st until the 6th.
thats 28 shifts until we have two more staff members to help out.
Now, who can see the problem here?
oh wait, ya me...because I put in my summer holiday request back in January, that magically disappeared from the request folder on wednesday. Which means that the two tickets that dean got us for christmas for Shambs have to be sold.
It also means I get to work 6- 7 days a week until the boss gets back.
It means that even before Melody was fired I had my vacation request put in, and she gets to vaca as a rehire.
It means, that Sarah wanting to screw donna over (our manager) really just fucks me over for even taking 4 days off to go to Shambles.
It means that even though I'm a good employee that I can not expect or even warrant a raise this year.
It means, even though she is the manager and it is her job to fill in the holes when we are short staffed, we all pick up the slack because she won't and the Assist GM is her buddy and she will never be fired.
I don't even know what to do any more.
I need my job.
I just need help finding a better one and soon.
3 comments:
That SUCKS!!! If you have to cover all these shifts until the 6th, couldn't you still go on the 7th and get Dean to drive out there so that you can sleep?
I realize I'm stating the obvious, but you really need to spend some time looking for a job that treats you better.
g
I would be driving out & back 14 hours to stay for less than 48, Dean doesn't drive standard.
Post a Comment