Monday, March 23, 2009

All things point

To a new direction.
I'm home today feeling like exhausted crap.
I had blood work done last week, got another appointment friday for girl stuff.
But I have a feeling, I know what it is.
I hate my job to the point it's making me ill.
The breaking point was Friday, after working 6 hours straight and my boss taking an hour and a half lunch. I had a meal sit under the heaters in the kitchen for 20 minutes before we picked them up. Only to do cash out while taking a bite and getting "Lisa"d  back to the desk after five minutes of sitting down.
I didn't think about it until the other girl I was working with ( who started at noon, mind you) ordered her meal, picked it up on time and then had the boss tell her to sit down and relax so she could enjoy her meal.
The other person i work with everyday kinda stopped and pulled me aside and did the" wtf" talk with me "did that just happen" 
I finished my shift, and realized over the course of one day my boss says my name almost 37 times. "to get my attention" to "check and see if guests are being taken care of" 
she goes so far as to lisa me when I have already made eye contact and am about to say hello.
Not to mention, she never works over time, nor does she work holidays.
I'm on my feet from 7 am until 3 pm with I'd say about 10 minutes worth of sitting time if you include bathroom breaks.
I answer about 100 phone calls a day, over 100 emails, make about 20-30 reservations a day and on average check out/ check in 50 people on top of that. Plus the photocoping, word processing and mail and faxing. I Stock and restock the front desk as well as handle customer complaints and I think I've about had it.

I am looking and need to do a new resume.

3 comments:

ladyzengray said...

You don't need to hear it but I'm gonna write it anyway:
GET OUT! Run for the hills!

Ursula said...

I'm with Jen on this one, take the time that you are currently at home (albeit for not so nice reasons) and polish up that resume!!!! Then get out there and find you a better job!!!

Hugs

Berto said...

Lady I feel your pain (here it comes), but this is the real world and it sucks. The odds of finding the ideal job are slim. I had to go back to the hole I was in and have a smile on. I have gone back and I make the most of it. There has to be a means to an end or your just chasing your tail. I am not saying that you should keep the job you doing, but have a goal in mind before you move on. Unlike the bullshit the media is talking about an economic down turn, there is other work out there. Like Ursula said get that resume together and figure out what you want to do with it.
Double hugs;)