Would you believe the Canadian Arctic circle being free of Ice was the tipping point?
yup.
I have on my list " see the ice burgs" and if I don't do so in the next 8 years there wont be any to see.
This world that I knew as a child, with pigmes and Lush African Jungles and beautiful huge water falls (angel) with temples in the tropics and multi-colored coral reefs snow capped alps is coming to a close.
and there is pretty much nothing any body can do about it now.
Too many people, not enough food, not enough drinking water...never enough money, endless wars political as well as monitary. Polution.
destroying this planet
I dont want to head to a shopping mecca, go gamble and sip cheap booze and see a show
I wanna get on a ship and head north and take Ivy to see the last of the ice burgs.
I want to show her the african savanah and say "oh my god baby look at the herd of zebra"
have her stand in the top of a canopy of a rain forest
show her how beautiful this planet once was
what the coral reefs used to look like before warm water and pollution.
Part of me tonight knows that she may never know what this planet was ever like before "we" industrialized soo much that we made it almost uninhabitable for every other living creature.
No comments:
Post a Comment